Monday, January 12, 2009

I am always amazed by the things that God uses to show Himself faithful. Reminders that it is all going to be okay, eventually. This is one of those gentle reminders. Brought to you with permission from Jeff. Tissues again . . .

Best Christmas Ever
by Salina

"My best Christmas ever occurred just about two years ago. My Mom had just passed away due to a terrible desease called cancer. When my mom was in the hospital we had to pay a lot of bills. Me and my brother, Noah were a little bit scared that the next year for Christmas my mom would not be there to celebrate it with us. Well it turns out we were right.

The next Christmas we had she was not able to be there to watch us open our presents. We got through it, but it was hard to understand that she would never be there. After we all finished opening presents my dad talked to us about mom. During this talk my dad told us that mom actually was celebrating Christmas with us. She was spending it in heaven with Jesus. He told us that she was probably having a better Christmas than us because she was with Jesus. When the talk was over we all felt better knowing that mom was ok.

Knowing that mom was having a great Christmas just like we were made that Christmas the best. We gave mom some presents, prayed for her and then went to bed. All the dreams we had of mom made it feel like she was actually there with us all. Merry Christmas mommy."

The End
You should be proud, Karin, you should be proud.

No comments: