Saturday, September 29, 2007


Starbucks has gone back to their Fall menu. Why is this worth mentioning? Karin was a big Starbucks girl - thus the Blog name. Her fav Starbucks drink was a Fall drink. She had this looong old Starbucks order. To stand next to her while ordering it was one of the funniest things ever, and, if she had to repeat it because they did not understand? Even funnier. Months before she got sick I had Karin email it to me in hopes to add it to a scrapbook page. I love to read it. It makes me smile. I am going to copy it on here and it is word for word her. Makes me think of "When Harry Met Sally".

"I'd like a venti, non-fat, decaf pumpkin spice latte
extra pump of pumpkin
2 pumps of Cinnamon
heated to 180
no foam and no whip
talk about HIGH maintenance, scary!"

With that you also get my fav. picture.

Jeff and the kids are hanging in there. Jeff has gone back to work but is still able to be flexible with his schedule. He is able to volunteer in the kids classroom. I am sure he had his required volunteer hours under his belt the first week. :) Thank you so much for your prayers for them. One thing is for sure, we could not have done any of this without the Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I miss her...always looking for updates on this wonderful page. Jeff, Salina, and Noah...thinking of you always :)

MalMal

Katie Sue said...

i remember a few summers ago, she was obsessed with the caramel macchiato she talked the barista guy into giving her the syrup & that fantastic big bottle of caramel, taught her how to make it and she made them on houseboats the entire week. karin & her starbucks :)

jen said...

it wasn't funny standing next to her it was embarassing! especially if they would repeat the order outloud after they had finished making it! she would be like "ahhh please dont say my order im right here!"

Annie B said...

Greetings! I am praying for you all...Jeff, kids, friends...been on the side of losing a friend and a spouse. I'm glad you are talking about the things that make you smile! God is good and memories are so healthy. He will uphold you and guide you...each step...each moment...each day.
Blessings from the carmel macchiato girl.