Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dear BFF,
I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss our 14 phone conversations in one day. I miss your standard, "hi ya" when you see me or talk to me. I miss your "gotta go!" that goes with an abrupt hang up because someone has found you in the closet. I miss your Monster Cookies. I miss you alerting me to what is on sale at Gap and Old Navy. I miss you telling me the cutest craft whatever that you have seen that we are now going to make for all our kids teachers. That one really hurts. I miss making little scrapbook things for you and you loving everything that my creative hands produce. I miss talking to you about Survivor. I'll never forget the one season you forgot to watch the finale. My kids miss you too. They miss hanging out with you and eating nothing but potato chips while they are at your house. Our friendship was full of fun memories.
I get a smile on my face and a lump in my throat when I think of you. I believe, with all my heart, that God allows you to see us. I don't know that for sure but that helps me get through missing you. It makes missing you slightly easier.
Your kids are good. They are alive, healthy and doing good in school. Jeff swears to me that they do not eat McDonald's everyday. They miss you and I am sure their list of misses would be 15 times longer than mine. They are great, great kids in which you should be very proud. Jeff does all he can to keep it all together and keep all the balls going. But, lets face it, you did it all and sometimes that shows in how we have tried to pick up the pieces. You were an amazing Mom, wife, daughter and friend. I can only hope to be half of what you are. When you see Cole eating a bag of chips all day (and nothing else!) you will know that I have arrived completely. I'm a ways off.
I am keeping up my promise (tears) to you and watching over your kids as much as I can from 4000 miles away. I think Jeff & Rod would both vouch for me that the miles have not stopped me much. I adore them, as if they were my own, and I believe God put that love for them in my heart. But, I am a poor fill-in for you.
I hope you are saving a place for me. I'll be there soon.

Love,
Bethey

P.S. In honor of you (are you ready for this??) I got a tattoo yesterday. Lord, it hurt soooooo bad. I'd rather deliver one of my 10 pound kids than do that again. I was racking my brain over what to get that would mean something. Then it came to me that I should get a Forget Me Not. I told Morgan and she loved it - so I knew you would too. Forget Me Nots have 5 petals. One petal for each of my kids and one for Salina and Noah. Remember those are the seed packets that you wanted Jeff to send in the mail??
P.P.S The Bi-pass is finished! I have the last laugh on that one!


For all you Blog Followers: Jeff asked me to say a big, big warm thank you. Thank you for reading, thank you for caring, thank you for wearing pink, thank you for being you. Thank You!!

1 comment:

Leigh Renslow said...

Hi Beth,
Its Leigh Renslow here,I'm in tears,....no sobs, reading your post to your dear friend karin. What a faithful, funny, caring, talented, committed friend you are. I can't believe its been a year already. I attended a memorial sevice yesterday of a 38 yr. old mother of 4, from my new home town here in Grass Valley(met her at bible study).She had cancer as well and she lived for 4 mo. after her diagnosis. As I was grieving for her I found myself grieving for Jeff and the kids all over again knowing the anniversary of Karen passing just happened. The Lord is good, I will never say different but the order seams wrong and its hard to understand. I want you to know that I'm so sorry for the emptyness that you feel without karen. Your friendship was one that I envied. Beth you are an extraoridanry woman and I want you to know that I pray for your healing as well.

Take care
Love ya Leigh