Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A year ago today . . .





What a fabulous day this was! Not too many people get to have their lives celebrated while they are alive. This is exactly what this day was. Jeff & Karin have planted seeds for years. Seeds of generosity, seeds of kindness, seeds of friendship. Karin would have done anything for me, as I would her.

I remember one time when I was pregnant with Jackson and about to pop. She called me early one morning and told me she was picking up my kids to take them to school for me. It was out of her way - 15 minutes in the wrong direction. I argued with her and told her no until she hung up on me (that's her, huh?). Five minutes later she was at my door.

I think of the Run as Jeff and Karin reaping the benefits of what they have sown over the years.

These are a few of my fav. pics from that day. That is a day none of us that were there will ever forget.

2 comments:

jennP said...

I wore my Venti shirt all weekend and my favorite pink shirt on Monday. I still feel so blessed to have had Karin in my life. Thinking of you and the kids. I hope you are able to enjoy this weekend together-
Jenn P.

Hillary said...

I just wanted you to know that I've been visiting this blog since I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer (around the same time Karin was).

I want you to know that even from far away people are thinking about you and wishing you well. Your mother, wife, and friend is in my heart and so are you.

Also wanted you to know that this blog has helped me cope with some things. So I suppose this is a thank you as well. :)