Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Please pray for Jeff. I talked with him for a long time last night and he is really struggling. Single parenting is not an easy task. I have done it for 10 days and by the time the ten days is up I have my 3 just about locked in closets while I sit outside in tears. Jeff has well exceeded the 10 day point. Parenting is exhausting to begin with but doing it by yourself from 6AM to 11PM has got to get old. Please pray that Jeff would have wisdom in parenting and the energy to carry on as a single dad. My heart is grieved by all that is on his plate and the exhaustion in his voice. There are so many things that Karin (and we as moms) just do and then when that stops you realize all the work that goes into just being a Mom. Sometimes my kids come in ask me trivial questions, "Can we go out for dinner?" "Can I watch TV?". Dumb stuff that I have the answer to but just get tired of making all the decisions so I say, "Go ask your father" just so someone else can do the thinking for a while. Jeff is at that point and there is no one else to ask. He has help from his family and Karin's family - lots of it - but they have their own lives as well. I could go on and on about this but I will spare you and just ask you to pray. God is bigger than single parenting. And THANK GOD, Salina and Noah have a father that loves them and is around. Not everyone is as fortunate. That is my Mrs. Sunshine spin on that.

We are up to 15 people who have notified me about going to have a skin check. Great!

Here is a cut and pasted email from Karin's Massage Therapist, Kim. Thanks for making us aware Kim! Let me know how your appointment goes. :)

"As a massage therapist, I see parts of people's bodies they can't see such as their backs, back of their legs etc. I am always willing to point out something that doesn't look right and encourage my client to make an appointment with their doctor. I was just reading a massage magazine tonight that had a great article on melanoma. A M.T. found a melanoma on the bottom of her husband's foot during a massage. She pointed out a couple of things that I either hadn't heard of or didn't register in my mind before. Her husband's melanoma site had been where a fire ant had bitten him 4 years prior. The area had suddenly changed and caught her eye during that massage. So areas of skin that may have been injured are also potential melanoma sites. She also stated to have a person have both a woman and a man check their skin for changes. Women are better at seeing pigment changes; men at shape and density. Also take precautionary pictures every three months. Dating and comparing them. A great informative article. I don't know if you have posted this website, www.skincancer.org/melanoma/index.php ."

No comments: