Friday, August 24, 2007


Below is a post from Tom & Terry Marshall (Karin's Mom & Step-Dad):


"We are just awestruck and humbled at the outpouring of love in the Brentwood community. The Bible tells us to love one another and it very evident in Brentwood that people truly love their neighbors. We are thankful for all the support from all the many friends and family that have been incredibly supportive and have been there to meet all the needs at this most difficult time. We praise God for each of you who have taken this journey with us all. A Venti Miracle Extra Hot which lives on in our hearts for eternity."

3 comments:

Mary Dean said...

God Saw...

God saw she was getting tired;
A cure was not to be.
He put His arm around her
and whispered, "Come with Me".

Through tearful eyes
We watched her suffer
And saw her fade away.
Although we loved her dearly,
We could not make her stay.

A golden heart stopped beating;
Hard working hands laid to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

Unknown said...

Jeff and kids - I know school starts soon and you all are in our daily prayers. School will be very different this year but Karin (your Mom) is watching you always from above - she will know all of your accomplishments and she will see you grow and I pray God with help you still feel her hugs and love thru little and big things in your daily lives.

Mary - what a wonderful poem! Thank you for sharing it - it made me think of Karin but it also hit me with thoughts of my Mom who went to be with the Lord 2 years ago Sept. I am sure Karin has now met my Mom and the are having a blast in Heaven - it is so hard for us to understand Heaven but you are right God does call the best home -
Jeff, Salina and Noah we love you - xoxoxoxo
The Olsen Family

Dawnelise said...

Jeff,
We are praying for an easy transition for the kids and you as school starts. Sometimes doing things in a normal routine eases a heavy heart. When my best friend went home to the Lord, I would think of her as I brushed my teeth each morning. The ache was for my loss, not her joy in heaven. Slowly I realized that I could miss her and began to live my life, to enjoy my life in her memory.

I will be praying each morning for you and the kids (I have a two hour lead time on your day here in Wisconsin.)
Fondly,
Dawnelise