Saturday, March 29, 2008




Today marks the one year mark of when the Blog was created. I have been thinking for a couple of days of something to write on this day. God gave me this scripture:


And so we keep on praying for you, that our God will make you worthy of the life to which he called you. And we pray that God, by his power, will fulfill all your good intentions and faithful deeds. Then everyone will give honor to the name of our Lord Jesus because of you, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the undeserved favor of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:11 & 12


It is a tough life that Karin's family is walking out. To each individual it is different but there is a gaping hole in their hearts. As time goes on the hole does get less but the hole will never go away. God never dishes out more than we can handle. Karin honored God with her life. Karin honored God with her death. What else is there in life that to honor your creator? N O T H I N G. Keep praying for Karin's family, especially Salina and Noah. Be faithful in praying for them. You are not an innocent by-stander! No, they don't need hands on help everyday anymore, but they will always need your prayers. Life is good! I know Karin would agree.


Jeff and the kids had a great time in New Orleans. I asked (threatened) :) him into giving me some pictures. It was hard coming home to reality. Jeff said it was like "starting all over again". They walked in the door at 2:02 AM (PST) and instead of hitting the bed for some Zzzz's he had to start the washing machine! He knew if he didn't the kids would have no clothes. Then it dawned on him they had no groceries in the fridge. You know Karin, she would have been up at 4 AM buying groceries at Safeway. Then the next morning he had a mountain of work to get too (a good thing) and you can see how this is going. It is all single Dad stuff and that will always be a challenge.


The kids go back to school on Monday.


The pictures: The first one is of the kids and Uncle Bunny (one of Enola's 58 siblings). He celebrated his 80th birthday and thus the reason for the trip. One of the kids in front of the Creole Queen boat; And the last one is of Jeff and his cousin Desire who was the favorite cousin of Karin and one of the bridesmaids in their wedding.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Jeff, Salina, Noah and Beth,
I was just reading the blog and I remembered that Jeff asked me to post. By the way, thank you Beth for keeping up Karin's blog. It is so great to see pictures of her to keep her memory alive. I guess I should let you know that I am the "Target Lady". I didn't mean to get you in trouble, I was just wondering when I was going to get to see a new picture or just read what you have to say. You always have such great memories to share. I ran into Jeff about 2 weeks ago at a mutual friends "celebration", (by the way Jeff's mom, thank you for making him go). Our friend has since gone to be with God. It is so hard to think that I would ever have to leave my children. Salina and Noah are so fortunate to have a father like Jeff. He is such a wonderful man. Our mutual friend has 2 kids and they have lost BOTH of their parents. I think Jeff realized just how lucky he is that his kids still have him. I am so sad lately thinking about the 2 friends that I have lost in this past year. I know God has His reasons and we all have to keep our faith and know that He has a plan.
Beth, thank you for keeping this up this blog, you are truely a wonderful friend. Jeff, you are doing such a great job with Salina and Noah. I love seeing you around town with a smile on your face :) You are all in my prayers everyday!
Love, Theresa

Herickson said...

Beth - thank you for keeping the blog going. I look every day and am always so glad to see a new post. Whenever I see Jeff driving in the neighborhood I always think about Karin and how she has effected so many lives. My daughter Jordan has been deeply moved by Karin's fight and her death. Her signature on her cell phone is the day of the walk last May. Sometimes I find her at the computer just reading all the blogs from the last year! I think that will one day that will give peace to Jeff and the kids. Because of Karin's fight, my kids are more dilligent with sunscreen, I know they will be with their kids and we will never know the number of people that might be saved because of Karin's bravery and because of your kind friendship Beth. Everyone needs a friend like you in their lives and I bet you on Venti Latte that Karin thanked her lucky stars every day for you! Blessed Be. Heidi