Monday, June 25, 2007

Jeff, Karin and Enola went to see Dr. Sheridan today at Kaiser Redwood City to discuss the option of brain surgery on two of the tumors within the brain - the two that are causing the trouble with the mobility of the right side. The appt. was for 11:45. Jeff just emailed me some brief information about the appt. and said Karin was napping. The doctor said the surgery would be relatively easy to perform, would take about 2 hours and require a 2 day hospital stay. He said she would feel weaker for about a month and then should gain mobility of her right side again. Jeff said the appt. was like all the rest where the bad news gets brought up to the surface again and they have to hear it again. That is hard for them to endure and is exhausting. In all, I think it went well and we will continue to open the other doors that the Lord set before us last week. Please continue to pray for wisdom for the Carters.

2 comments:

stacy said...

We continue to pray for you Karin and for your family. We also pray that God will guide you and the Doctors through this. We love you very much!

Alisa said...

Lord, today I will not settle for mediocrity.I will not be limited by my past history,my present circumstances, or by anything that I feel lack in my life.
God is my source and God is not limited. I will trust in him and his unlimited resources.
Expect miracles!!!!
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
According to our faith it will be done!!
He will supply all of our needs.He freely gives us all things.

These are some words my mom had written down and I thought I would share them with you!
Karin,
God loves you where you are at, and he loves to bless his children!Being able to praise him in the storm is his way to meet you and hold you,and carry you through the hardest of times.During worship is when I feel him holding me!
We are praying for your comfort strenght and wisdom.I pray that as you worship, you will continue to feel the Lord with you on this journey. I know it may sound a little corney right now, but you once told me "you can't have a miracle without having a problem first",I hope I quoted that right! Anyway, you are going to have a great testimony ,and be able to help so many people some day real soon!
Alisa Carino and family