Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Celebration Service for the life of Karin Carter will be held on Wednesday, July 25th at 11:00 am at Golden Hills Community Church in Brentwood. The address of the church is 2401 Shady Willow Lane. Reception to follow within the church.

Please do not send anything to the Carter house, other than cards. Please, no flowers, no food. In lieu of flowers you can make a donation to the Karin L. Carter Hope Fund or to Gateway Christian School, either of which will benefit the Carter children. If you would like to make a donation to Gateway you may mail a check to GCS, 2401 Shady Willow Lane, Brentwood, CA 94513. Please write in the memo section, "in celebration of Karin Carter". If you would like to make a donation to the Karin L. Carter Hope Fund you may send it to Karin L. Carter Hope Fund, Bank of America, 241 Oak Street, Brentwood, CA 94513.

If you would like to prepare food for the reception following the service, we would love that! You may email me at bethey12@yahoo.com or you may call Jamie at 925-642-5444. Specifically, we need meat & cheese platters, salads & sandwiches.

Karin's favorite color was pink. In keeping with celebrating her and her life, I would love to have as many people as possible wearing pink for the service. I think she would love that.

6 comments:

Suitepea said...

Karin made me smile alot! There are alot of things in her life that have brought joy to so many people,especially children! She knew everyones's names. She knew what they liked and what would make them smile when they arrived at school! Karen, "You are my sunshine"!
Jeff,
I will help with the kids as much as I can. When you are ready let me know ,I would love to take Noah to go get his hair done at Karen's favorite salon, if you want me to. She loved getting his hair blonde on top! I think it was a friend of hers that did it for him. Anything I can do please let me know. We will continue to pray for you Jeff, and Salina and Noah too. You are a wonderful father and God will help you ,and bring others to you, to help you!Also,we are praying for all the extended family . May God give you peace and comfort. I pray that you will feel his loving arms around you.
God bless,Alisa and Family

Taylor Conley said...

i didnt hang out with Karen all the time but when i did there was always a positve energy. she was always smiling even when she was sick. she would encourage me to push myself in sports and school. she always made me smile and laugh and the funny thing is she taught me something not even my family has yet and that is to live life with a smile everyday no matter how silly or funny it feels just keep smiling. and you know what today as i sit here typing this i am smiling with a little bit of tears in my eyes i know that even if karen is in a better place far away from where i am she knows im happy and knows that im smiling everyday because of her. i love you and miss you karen (keep smiling for me) love Taylor

Shawn Davis said...

What a joy it was to have Karen with us here, but imagine the greater joy that Heaven has now because of Karen's presence! Our family is saddened by this enormous loss but we find it so hard to express our sadness for Karen's passing, but joy in knowing that Jeff and the children have such an unbelievable support group! You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers and know that we are here for anything you may need.

The Davis Family
John, Shawn, Brittany and Madison

Nina Peles said...

Beth,

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you for initiating the blog on behalf of Karin to keep us informed on her treatment. You are a gifted writer and an amazing and faithful friend. Having the information and reading the words of encouragment and support throughout her journey has helped all of us cope with this sad loss just a little bit easier. Karin will be remembered and loved forever. Thank you for being a loving friend to her and for the amazing gift to all of us of the "VENTI-MIRACLE - EXTRA HOT"! We will cherish its spirit forever...

Nina Peles

tarat said...

Jeff-
Karin was a special woman. From the Spunkies through high school-- I'm so lucky to have had her in my life when I was growing up. I hope I can someday find the kind of love that you two shared together. You and the kids are in my thoughts & prayers.

Tara Travers

Barbara said...

Dear Jeff, Salina & Noah, and family,
Words seem so inadequate to express the depths of our emotions with Karin's passing from this life to the next. She was an incredible woman of God and she leaves a beautiful heritage. May God's love, peace, & faithfulness surround you now and in the coming days. Psalm 30 & Psalm 71 spoke to my heart during my grief journey..may God's Word be your source of comfort during yours. You will continue to be in my prayers. Love, Barbara Miller