Tuesday, July 10, 2007

God is good!
I received an email early this morning (I live on the East Coast) from Jeff saying that he and Karin went to the Emergency room because she was short of breath. I had no idea what time they went to the hospital but I started to pray that it was nothing. About an hour later Jeff sent another email saying they were still there and Karin was asleep and they had done an MRI & CT Scan and were awaiting the results. I got on the phone and started calling people that I knew were awake at 6AM PST and getting them to pray for her. I just heard from Terri and Jeff & Karin just returned home and it is NOTHING. To be exact, it is build-up of mucus, not pneumonia or a tumor or anything. Praise the Lord! They do not know what has caused it but she has had a frog in her throat for some time know - mostly when I talk to her in the AM. Thank you Lord for the good report! When I told my 10 year old that Mrs. Carter was okay and the doctor said it was nothing, she said, "Hooray! That is better than what we prayed for!"
That is because of Eph 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us."

More good news on the horizon!
I have been hesitant to give any information about the upcoming brain surgery. As soon as it was decided that it was the route that they were going to take we were notified about Washington Hospital's new Gamma Knife machine. It is one of three machines in the world and it seems as though God is leading us there. Unofficially, they said that Karin is a candidate for treatment there but all the doctors meet on Weds. to discuss each patient. They will be meeting tomorrow at 5pm to discuss Karin. There are 9 tumors on her brain and the only one that is "borderline" is the large one on the top of her head that is causing the problems with the right side of her body. It may be too large to shrink, but if it is then later we can have it surgically removed. We are working with Kaiser to get them to refer Karin there. I don't think that will be a problem, but make it a matter of prayer. Also, it is a good possibility that they could treat Karin this week. It is outpatient and the procedure takes a couple of hours. I will attach an article about the machine at the end of this post. Also, UCSF would like to treat her as well with their Gamma Knife. That would be another good option but the equipment at Fremont is better. If Karin chooses to do Gamma this week, we will not do the brain surgery this week.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=drive_to_discover&id=5394114

Sorry. I know this is a lot of information in one post. Please just keep praying that God would go before them and they would have His favor with the doctors. Please also pray that they get some good sleep this afternoon. They were at the emergency room since 9pm last night and Jeff has not slept at all.

1 comment:

CU-california said...

This is GREAT news. I hope you and Jeff get the rest you need, it's been a long night. Thanks for the article, Beth. Did you notice the name of the equipment is "Perfexion"? Very appropriate, I think.

SHPPC!