Thursday, May 24, 2007

I have talked to Karin several times today but have just now had the chance to sit down and update.
I must correct myself that Karin's new oncologist appointment is at 4pm and not 2pm. I wrote that post at 2AM so I may have been out of it.
This morning God laid this scripture on my heart:

Luke 40-48
40Now when Jesus returned, a crowd welcomed him, for they were all expecting him. 41Then a man named Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, came and fell at Jesus' feet, pleading with him to come to his house 42because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying.
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. 43And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. 44She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
45"Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."
46But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."
47Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. 48Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."


I shared this scripture with Karin this morning and she was touched by it. :) The scripture is mainly about faith. All we need is a little to accomplish great things in His name.

Jeff spoke with the tumor board yesterday. Three doctors (Tumor board, Stanford & O'Day) all agree that Karin's scans were done prematurely. In fact, her scans were done at 4 weeks and those doctors all agree that they should have been done around the 6-8 week mark. That means that perhaps not enough time has been given to see change. I see this as a good thing. So, they are hoping to get more scans rescheduled today when they see the new oncologist. Jeff said the appointment today is more of a "meet and greet" than anything else. Did I mention what a MIRACLE it was that they even got this appointment.? Anyone that know anything about Kaiser can agree with me.

Jeff is in the process of sending Karin's scans from last week to Dr. O'Day. He will either tell them to come to the scheduled appointment on May 30 or wait for the next set of scans. More info to follow on that as it becomes available.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karin & Jeff-

AMEN!! to the quick appt with Kaiser!
Our prayers will be with you at 4pm - even though a meet & greet I pray peace and comfort during this appt.
Nicole