Friday, April 20, 2007

"When life is too hard to stand, kneel."

Just heard from Karin and her oncologist wants to hang onto her until after the scans are done on her brain. That is not really bad, he just wants to see if what he is doing is working and Dr. O'Day said he would not do anything different right now anyway. We want it to be paid for by Kaiser so if we need to wait a couple of weeks until the scans are done, that will still be good.

Towards the end of our conversation Karin said, "Oh, some of my 'nodules' are going away or getting smaller." WHAT????? (that "what" is for you Karin ;) ) I told her that should have been the first thing out of her mouth when I picked up the phone!!! This is great news! That means the treatment is having an effect. I think she said two were gone completely, several were smaller and the two main ones are not changed. That is progress. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karin-
Praise God for the nodules going down!!! Yeah!! That is great great news. Have a terrific weekend! We continue to pray for healing, rest, and peace! Your strength is felt all over the city and I think even the country! Keep it up!

Nicole

Bev Tribuiani-Montez said...

Karin...I hope you know that I haven't called because I'm sure you don't want to be bombarded with tons of calls...But, I just want you to know I am praying for you always, thinking of you and knowing in my heart that everything is going to be okay...
Had a venti on your behalf today, and I don't even drink ventis...have a bumper sticker on my car honoring you and supporting you through this journey.
xoxo
Bev